Inspire your little one's curiosity for nature and art by painting a Sea Turtle named "Shelly" with us at the beautiful Weedon Island Preserve! You and your child will learn about painting on stretched canvas, using acrylics, and get inspired by the wild location we are painting in, if we're lucky we might even seen some critters on the way in!
Your child will be inspired to express themselves even more than usual by the end of this class, as they learn the techniques, style and vocabulary about the art styles we are working with, as well as the wildlife that inspired the artwork! We believe that combining the arts and nature into one fun 3-hour class is a great way to get your child excited about nature through creativity! We provide all the snacks and refreshments for you and your child as well as the guided instruction, and freedom to take the art your own way! We can't wait to paint with your family!
Kids ages 5+ with a parent present. If you're sharing one painting, then add your name and your child's to the notes section when purchasing for the guest list. :)
Instructor: Kelly Quinn
Time & Location
Saturday, July 6th, 2019
12:00pm - 3:00pm
More about the class @ Weedon Island Preserve :
- All materials are provided to create your 11"x14" painting
- Enjoy an assortment of complimentary snacks & refreshments
- Explore the exhibits and mangrove forests
- Class time will be around 3 hours (including breaks)
- Indoor classroom w/ natural lighting, air conditioning, and bathrooms
- Class benefits the Friends of Weedon Island